Kidney stones or Renal calculi are solid masses made of crystals like calcium, uric acid etc. Kidney stones usually originate in your kidneys. However, they can develop anywhere along your urinary tract, which consists of these parts:
Kidney stones are one of the most painful medical conditions.
Ayurveda defines kidney stones as Mootra Ashmari which is caused by Vitiation of all the 3 doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha with a predominance of Kapha dosha.
• Sedentary lifestyle
• Doing excessive physical work without proper hydration or water intake
• Kapha prakopak Aahar like excessive intake of Sweets, Cakes, Pastries, Chocolates, etc
• Excessive intake of refined flour i.e Maida (pizza, bread, cakes, biscuits, Khari, butter, toast etc)
• Diet high in meat, poultry and fish
• Less consumption of water
• Suppressing the urge to pass urine
• Acute pain in the flanks radiating towards urethra (from back to front)
• Fever with chills might also be associated
• Bleeding through the urinary tract
• Urinary urgency or frequency
• Burning sensation while urinating
At Ved Clinic we aim to get rid of the kidney stones permanently without surgery.
Ayurvedic Kidney stones treatment involves -
• Detailed consultation and prakriti analysis to know the cause
• Detoxification process like Vamana (therapeutic vomiting) to remove excess Kapha and Basti (Oil and decoction enema) to channelize Vata.
• Ayurvedic diuretics and stone dissolving and crushing herbs in the form of Kadhas, churnas and tablets
• Rasayana or Rejuvenation treatment to strengthen the urinary system
• Home remedies to avoid recurrence
• Diet and Lifestyle changes are advised.